“Well What A Year” Said Everyone

2017 has been a bit of a rough one for everyone and there’s no denying that. The general consensus was mainly bluergh or owh nooo or are you serious?! But that’s not to say it was all bad. We’ve all had our silver lining or bursts of happiness somewhere this year I’m sure, and I know I certainly have. I’ve narrowed down a few things about this year and I hope at least some people can relate to it and it’s always nice to look back over photos.


Fashion

I think in my head I’ve always had an idea of what I wanted to do but never fully gone for it. This year I’d like to say I have shown more of me and not just sat on the fence. For example, my wardrobe is full of several different styled trousers but I would always stick to the skinny jeans. This year which may sound so mundane to many of you but, I’ve turned up the trouser game and feeling good about it. A good cropped trouser and maybe a converse or a pair of docs has really helped me figure out what I feel good in. and who doesn’t want to feel good?

This year I’ve tried a few different hairstyles not too different but it’s been good to have a little change every now and then. I really wanted to go a bit different with a longish buzz cut but APPARENTLY, I’ve been told by someone very close that it’s not a good idea and she’d also shave her head to. So maybe next year? ;)

This year I’ve found a good balance of the smart casual look without feeling uncomfortable. I think it’s good to take your time figuring out how you want to dress and taking steps because, smashing in to what you want may just backfire. So, I’d say enjoy the journey because you don’t want to get to end too soon.



Lifestyle

When I set out the idea to start blogging I had a pretty good idea what I wanted to do. Fashion because it’s something I’ve always been obsessed with and things about life because, it’s good to get stuff off your chest if you need to and let’s face it were all nosey and want to know what people are up to.

A big thing for me was graduating. If you told small Sam that in 2017 he’d graduate with a 2:1 in music journalism he’d probably say what’s a 2:1 and can I eat it? My three years at uni wasn’t the best of time but It’s the first time I’d felt proud of myself and that I’d accomplished something. No just academically but personally I knew I came out the end being pretty much the person I wanted to be or at least getting there.




After having several part time jobs, I finished my degree and was lucky enough to offered a full-time contract. As stressful as it has been at times I have enjoyed and the company I’m surrounded by make it much better. We’ll see what happens in the new year but I’m in the mind-set of keep your head up because you don’t want to miss out.

And the bit everyone dreads writing or reading. RELATIONSHIPS. I guess people call it seeing each other, dating or whatever but they all are a relationship of some sort. I think it’s fair to say it’s not been too great for me this year and I’ve had a lot of rough times. Some bigger than others but still not great. Timing and distance was usually the issue, but also me just not taking the moment or being confident enough. Until recently. The last few months have made up for the entire year and I’m extremely lucky to have a girlfriend who’s just as silly as me and has the music taste of a legend. I’m not usually too sure about fate but this time I’ve lucked out and without a doubt punching. If anyone is reading this and in the phase of ‘but what if?’ go with your gut because it could be the best decision you make.

Lastly on the lifestyle train, this year I made some great summer memories. Friends and moments come and go but this year at Benicassim was quality. The Saunter Squad (Me, George and Angel) had such a great time and it’s something I’ll never forget. Especially all three of us after a few to many orange juices (lol beer) in Captain Morgan pirate hats dancing to several remixes of bangers on the beach stage. Looking forward to next year that’s for sure.



(Few of my favourite photos) 

What’s next?

Honestly? I don’t know. But the way things are going now it’s looking peachy. I’ve got a few good ideas and gigs already set for next year and I will knuckle down with blog. I started roughly half way through the year and the original idea was to post every week. For a while that was possible then things got a little crazy and I just wasn’t able to do it. I knew if I kept forcing myself it just wouldn’t be fun and the ideas wouldn’t be natural. And I think there’s enough crap on the internet without some more thrown on to the pile. So, my goal for next year is to at least get one or two post up every month. It sounds like not much but it’s much more realistic and I’m sure they’ll be a lot more interesting because of it. I already have an idea for my first post and I’m hoping it’ll get done soon.  I wanted to keep this post short because we’re all busy people around this time of year so it’s good to just wrap it up like this and you can find much more out next year.

Lastly, I just want to say cheers to anyone who read, shared or liked any of this year’s posts. I genuinely didn’t think anyone would be arsed with what I had to say but the response to some of the posts was great.

Enjoy this last day of 2017 and try make it a laugh, because that’s what we all need.


Thanks very much,

Sam

Comments

Popular Posts